Here are some interesting papers and presentations on TCAD and related topics. Files provided by this server are with the permissions of the authors. Also see http://www.tcad.com/tcad/public.html for links to papers on the original TCAD Central.
Additional websites in all of these categories may be found in Websites
Don Scharfetter’s Presentation at SISPAD 2000.¶
This is the text of the presentation that Don Scharfetter gave at SISPAD 2000 in Seattle, Washington. It was here that he was presented the IEEE EDS Special Award for his “seminal contribution to the computer modeling of power semiconductor devices.”
- Duane, “The Role of TCAD in Compact Modeling,” WCM2002, 2002.
- T. Binder, C. Heitzinger, and S. Selberherr, “A study on global and local optimization techniques for TCAD analysis tasks,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design Integr. Circuits Syst., no. 6, pp. 814–822, Jun. 2004.
- F. Bonani, G. Ghione, M. R. Pinto, and R. K. Smith, “An efficient approach to noise analysis through multidimensional physics-based models,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 261–269, Jan. 1998.
- R. W. Dutton and A. J. Strojwas, “Perspectives on technology and technology-driven CAD,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design Integr. Circuits Syst., vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1544–1560, Dec. 2000.
- R. S. Muller and T. I. Kamins, Device Electronics for Integrated Circuits, 2nd ed. NY: Wiley, 1986.
- D. L. Scharfetter and H. K. Gummel, “Large-signal analysis of a silicon Read diode oscillator,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. ED-16, no. 1, pp. 64–77, Jan. 1969.
- J. E. Dennis and R. Schnabel, Numerical Methods for Unconstrained Optimization and Nonlinear Equations. Philadelphia: SIAM, 1996.
- L. B. Rall, Automatic Differentiation: Techniques and Applications, 1st ed. NY: Springer, 1981.
- J. K. Ousterhout, “Scripting: Higher level programming for the 21st century,” IEEE Computer, vol. 31, pp. 23–30, 1998.
- L. T. Pillage, R. A. Rohrer, and C. Visweswariah, Electronic Circuit and System Simulation Methods. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996.
Thanks to Robert Jones for providing this list
- Semiconductors: group IV elements and III-V compounds, By Otfried Madelung Published by Springer-Verlag, 1991, 164 pages ISBN 3540531505, 9783540531500
- Properties of crystalline silicon, By Robert Hull, INSPEC Published by IET, 1999, 1016 pages ISBN 0852969333, 9780852969335
- Properties of amorphous silicon and its alloys, By Tim Searle, Institution of Electrical Engineers, INSPEC EMIS Group Published by INSPEC, 1998, 412 pages ISBN 0852969228, 9780852969229
- Properties of gallium arsenide, By M. R. Brozel, G. E. Stillman, INSPEC Published by INSPEC, 1996, 981 pages ISBN 085296885X, 9780852968857
- Properties of aluminium gallium arsenide, By Sadao Adachi, Institution of Electrical Engineers, INSPEC Published by IET, 1993, 325 pages ISBN 0852965583, 9780852965580
- Properties of lattice-matched and strained indium gallium arsenide, By Pallab Bhattacharya, INSPEC Published by INSPEC, Institution of Electrical Engineers, 1993, 317 pages ISBN 0852968655, 9780852968659
- Properties, Processing and Applications of Indium Phosphide, By Tom P Pearsall, Institution of Electrical Engineers Published by Institution of Electrical Engineers, 1999, 279 pages ISBN 085296949X, 9780852969496
- Properties, processing and applications of gallium nitride and related semiconductors, By James H. Edgar, Samuel Strite, Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano, Christian Wetzel Published by INSPEC, 1999, 656 pages ISBN 0852969538, 9780852969533
- Properties of narrow gap cadmium-based compounds, By Peter Capper, INSPEC Published by IET, 1994, 618 pages ISBN 0852968809, 9780852968802
- Properties of Silicon Carbide, By Gary Lynn Harris, INSPEC Published by IET, 1995, 282 pages ISBN 0852968701, 9780852968703